“MacKay is a talented cook, with a light touch, classic technique & a sense of humour”
The Garden House Inn welcomes you to stay at our 18th Century guest house.
Just a short walk from the historical city of Durham and its amazing attractions, such as the Cathedral.
Book your stay
Here at The Garden House we want you to have the most relaxing experience!
- “Best Sunday Lunch”
- “Excellent lobster sandwich – Well Done”
- “Pub Feel with Restaurant Quality Food”
- “Fabulous food, very reasonably priced, in a lovely atmosphere”
- “What durham has been waiting for”
- “Squid & Blood orange starter was SO delicious”
- “The Sunday roast was fab”
- “Amazing Monkfish, lovely seared tuna, fresh, decent food at the right price. Service spot on”
- “It’s a bit of a food hidden gem”
- “Scrummy Snacks”
- “Best Cod north of Whitby”
- “Monkfish & Roast Potatoes, the aromas from the dish were staggering and the flavours combined just outstanding”
0191 386 3395
Lunch - 12-3pm
Dinner - 5-9.30pm